If you haven’t heard, Punxsutawney Phil said spring is coming early this year! If you’re like me, you are already foaming at the mouth for spring break, and what does a good spring break need? Some feel good, warm weather is right around the corner, and dance music that you can jam to. I like to reach to music from the 2010s and even earlier because they just seemed to understand that feeling of driving with the windows down in the warm sun. Some of my best memories are scream-singing along with my friends while driving to a beach somewhere, all of us off-key, but happy. So, in honor of that little groundhog who gives us hope for warmer days, I am happy to present a playlist of songs that you can blast for spring break!
- Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
- Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
- Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer
- Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
- Sunroof - Nicky Youre, dazy
- Party In The USA - Miley Cyrus
- Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann’s Earth Band
- Shut Up and Dance - WALK THE MOON
- Saturday Sun - Vance Joy
- Walking On Sunshine - Katrina & The Waves
You can read more about Punxsutawney Phil's prediction here
Cover photo courtesy of Barry Reeger/AP
Hi everyone! I'm CJ and I am a visual communications major with a creative writing minor. I am currently a part of the blog team so I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the blog or just WUSC in general!